The West Campus Student and Postdoc Committee
The West Campus Student and Postdoc Committee (WSPC) is the primary advocacy and programming group for junior scholars on Yale’s West Campus. It is the only Yale student group specifically focused on the unique experience of being a junior scholar on West Campus. Committee membership is open to junior scholars from all academic disciplines on West Campus, and meetings are open to the entire West Campus community.
Benefits to joining the committee include:
1. Meet fellow students and postdocs from around West Campus;
2. Gain leadership experience;
3. Free lunch at meetings;
4. Free swag! (Receive a West Campus t shirt when you join);
5. Have your ideas and opinions heard by West Campus administration;
6. Be empowered to create change and build community on campus;
7. See your ideas realized!
Ongoing projects include:
1. Building community on campus, through partnerships with the Graduate School, McDougal Center, coordinating happy hours and networking socials, participating in campus-wide events such as Maple Fest and the annual United Way Campaign;
2. Providing opportunities for professional development through student conferences, RIP talks, teaching and writing workshops;
3. Partnering with West Campus Administration to create change on campus, for example around mental health and wellness, transit, dining, and campus communications.
Committee meetings are held monthly on Mondays from 12-1pm, and committee priorities are regularly discussed with West Campus administration. The dates and locations of upcoming meetings can be found on the West Campus calendar.
Please join the WSPC in bringing your ideas to the West Campus community. If you are interested in getting involved, please complete this form.
Thoughts? Concerns? Questions? Submit them here!